The love between siblings is pure and unaffected by any kind of jealousy or hatred. To have a sibling, is a blessing. You get a companion for everything you do- to play, to share your stories ( good or bad ), to pamper you and all that jazz.
What Is Raksha Bandhan?
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of siblings. It is celebrated in the country of India, in every household. It is the festival where a sister ties a rakhi or a decorated thread-like bracelet on her brother’s wrist as a symbol for a protector. The brother, with the rakhi, vows to protect his sister with his life, from any kind of danger or trouble. The brother, in turn for his sister’s trust and love, showers her with gifts. The gift, no matter how small or big, is a treasure for the sister because it is given by her brother.
How Is It Celebrated?
For siblings living in the same house, or even in the same city, they can meet and perform their rituals in person. Gifts are exchanged and blessings are showered. Delicious food is eaten by all. But for people living in two different cities, it may not be that easy. Sometimes, the brother and sister don’t meet for days and months even. What do they do then? All they can do is celebrate the festival through their phones and computers. Sisters and brothers either write their own Raksha Bandhan status quotes or copy them down from the internet and put it up as their status on social media. The sisters use the best Raksha Bandhan status for Whatsapp and put them up, hoping that her brother likes it and she is fortunate enough to receive a gift from him, the next time he comes home.
The wishes are best when it is in Hindi. Even the brothers put up Raksha Bandhan Whatsapp status in Hindi and wish their sisters and apologise for not being present with her, on the auspicious day. They are best impressed when their siblings prepare these quotes on their own because it shows that person’s love and affection towards the sibling. But that does not necessarily mean that the people who don’t do so, love their siblings any less. Every individual puts up Happy Raksha Bandhan status for Whatsapp in Hindi and exchange wishes with their loved ones through social media.
Raksha Bandhan Wishes , Whatsapp Messages for Brother/Sister
1. Memories may fade away with time but the love we share as a brother and sister will never fade away, rather it will multiply over the years. Happy Rakhi!
2. All other festivals may be very colourful but no festival is as powerful as Raksha Bandhan. It makes our bond stronger and stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
3. Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make the distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile. Love you, brother!
4. Rakhi is a thread that binds two souls in a bond of joy forever. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
5. Good luck, good health and goodwill, protection from evil, long life & prosperity, and my bestest wishes for your happiness, success and safety. Happy Raksha Bandhan, sister!
6. This Rakhi message goes out the most wonderful sister of the world who I call ‘didi‘. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
7. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. Happy Raksha Bandhan, sis!
8. All for one and one for all, my brother and my friend. What fun we have, the time we share. Brothers till the end. Happy Rakhi!
Raksha Bandhan is an auspicious day for siblings. It is a day of showering love and affection on each other and of course, of delicious food. This is one festival, that especially siblings, make sure not to miss. Even if they do, they make sure that they make up for it in due course of time.